Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
A practical and beautiful guide to companion planting for organic gardening success
Companion planting techniques have been used for centuries to facilitate better, more nutritious, and more abundant crops. With Companion Planting
, you’ll have all the information you need in clear, concise terms and with charts and garden plans you can copy or modify to suit your family’s needs.
Starting with the basics of organic gardening, such as how to prepare quality soil and the importance of cover crops and organic fertilizer, author Allison Greer explains the principles of companion planting, how plants interact, and how you can use that information to your garden’s benefit. Fun companion planting facts include:
- Beets will grow better if surrounded by mint or garlic
- Tomatoes should not be planted near cabbage
- Flax helps protect some root vegetables from pests
- Tomatoes will thrive when planted near carrots
- Your celery will be happier if it’s far away from corn
- Broccoli and dill make a terrific garden pair
- And much, much more!
is a treasure for gardeners with busy lives who want an easy reference guide for planning their ideal kitchen garden.