Email or call for price.
Joumana Accad, creator of the blog TasteOfBeirut.com
, is a native Lebanese, a trained pastry chef, and professional caterer. In her debut cookbook, The Taste of Beirut
, she shares her heritage through exquisite food and anecdotes, teaching anyone from newbies to foodies how to master traditional Lebanese cuisine. With over 150 recipes inspired by her Teta
(grandmother) in their family's kitchen, Accad captures the healthful and fabulous flavors of the Middle East and makes them completely accessible to home cooks.
Each recipe features step-by-step instructions, Accad's warm teaching style and breathtaking color photographs that will make mouths water. Divided into sections including Breads, Breakfast, and Sandwiches; Soups; Mezze Delights; Main Dishes (Stews, Kibbeh, Stuffed Vegetables, and Rice Dishes); plus Pastries and Drinks, here is just a taste of the recipes featured:
- Spinach turnovers (Fatayer bel-sabanegh)
- Meat pies (Sfeeha)
- Kibbeh tartare (vegan)
- Red pepper and walnut dip (Muhammara)
- Lebanese couscous (Moghrabieh)
- Red lentils and rice purée (Mujaddara Safra)
- Eggplant casserole with tomato, meat
and yogurt sauce topping (Fattet al-makdoos)
- Meat loaf with potato slices (Kafta bel-saniyeh)
- Zucchini or cauliflower fritters
- Wings, Lebanese-style
- Fattoush salad
- Beet hummus (Mama dallou'a)
- Zaatar and tapénade bread
- Wheat berry and milk pudding (Amhiyet bel-haleeb)
- Sesame and pistachio cookies (Barazek)
- Lebanese semolina cheesecake (Knafeh)
- Baklava in a speedy ten-minute version!
While The Taste of Beirut
brings to life the rich, complex, and delicious flavors of the Middle East, each recipe is refreshingly easy to make. The author's passionate, conversational style will make readers feel like they have a friend from Lebanon right in their kitchen, teaching them everything from cooking techniques to how to stock a kitchen with the best ingredients.
Even more than a fabulous Lebanese cookbook, The Taste of Beirut
is a proud celebration of people, culture, and cuisine.