Fans of Junie B. Jones and Ivy and Bean will love this new story about the spunky little rascal with big ideas.
The star of Dory Fantasmagory is heading to school. Her older siblings, Luke and Violet, warn her to leave her imaginary friend, Mary, at home—or better yet, leave her whole imagination at home! But on her very first day she meets a new friend, a girl whose imagination and style are just about as wild as her own. Now she just has to convince her siblings that she’s not making it all up!
Filled with plenty of funny pictures, this book bursts with charm and impudence, making this a must-read for the chapter book set.
About the Author
Abby Hanlon has taught creative writing and first grade. She lives in Brooklyn, New York, with her husband and two children.
Praise for Dory and the Real True Friend:
* "Once again, Hanlon’s hilarious narration and cartooning reveal an uncanny talent for getting into the mile-a-minute mind of a one-of-a-kind girl." –Publishers Weekly, starred review
* “Well written, humorous, and engaging… A great addition to any library.” –School Library Journal, starred review
"Old friends and new will hope this highly successful sequel will not be the last starring this inventive, original child." –Kirkus Reviews
"The story has its tendermoments, but kids will find plenty to laugh about as well. A fine sequel to the popular series opener, Dory Fantasmagory."–Booklist
"Dory and the Real True Friend is a sequel that lives up to, and wonderfully expands the world of the original. It’s genius." – Travis Jonker, 100 Scope Notes Blog
"Dory is as likable a kid heroine as I’ve encountered in a decade." – The Boston Globe
Praise for Dory Fantasmagory:
A Golden Kite Honor Book for Fiction ALA/ALSC/YALSA 2015 Notable Children’s Book A Publishers Weekly Best Book of 2014 A Kirkus Best Book of 2014 One of Parent’s Magazine one of the “10 Best Children’s Books” of 2014
"This book is AMAZING! Perfection of tone, plot, pacing, art, you name it... In a word, fantastico." –Betsy Bird, A Fuse 8 Production Blog
* "...this inventive child is irresistible...Charming, funny, true to life." –Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "Time spent with Dory is time well spent." –Publishers Weekly, starred review
* “Readers will laugh at her entertaining antics.” –School Library Journal, starred review